stewed pumpkin and onions
Pumpkin and onions
Yellow pumpkin and Vatolla onions, a simple recipe made with a winning combination: * The full pumpkin of Naples and the *onion of Vatolla which, combined with extra virgin olive oil make it an exceptional, simple and digestible recipe, rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
The yellow squash and onions from Vatolla is an autumn dish typical of Cilento and the Mediterranean Diet, it can be eaten as a side dish for white meats, especially chicken and turkey. Accompanied by a good homemade bread, the yellow squash and onions from Vatolla can also be an excellent dinner, light and nutritious, suitable for any type of diet, especially ideal for diabetics, vegans and celiacs.
- 500 g yellow pumpkin
- 200 g onions of Vatolla
- 200 ml water
- 150 g peeled tomatoes
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chili pepper
- j.e. salt e pepper
Remove the seeds and peel from the pumpkin and cut into cubes
Clean the onion and cut it into a filanger
- * The full pumpkin of Naples is a variety of pumpkin widely used in Cilento, easily recognizable, for its firm orange pulp, elongated in shape, with streaked green skin. Due to its characteristics it can be kept for a long time in dry and ventilated places and in the kitchen it is used for many recipes.
- * The onion of Vatolla takes its name from the place of production, a fraction of a small town in Cilento. It is part of the UNESCO biodiversity, has sweet characteristics and does not make the eyes water.
- If you do not have the full pumpkin of Naples or the onions of Vatolla available, you can use other varieties of pumpkin and onions.
- After cooked, the pumpkin with onions can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, in the freezer for 2 months.
- Chopping board
- Vegetable knife
- Carving knife
- Cooking pan
- Table spoon
- Soup plate
- 2 small bowls