Velvety Pumpkin Soup
1h 40 min
Creamy pumpkin soup
The velvety pumpkin soup is an excellent hot, light and nutritious dish, suitable for any type of diet, even for celiacs, just omit the croutons. The velvety pumpkin soup is an easy and cheap recipe, moreover, with it, you have the possibility to consume all the stale bread you have available. In fact, with stale bread you get excellent croutons that can be eaten with soups, velvety, but they are also very good on their own.
- 1 kg yellow pumpkin
- 400 g onion of Vatolla
- 400 ml water
- 300 g peeled tomatoes
- 500 ml rice milk
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 150 g stale bread
- 1 chili pepper
- j.e. salt and pepper
Remove the seeds and peel from the pumpkin and cut into cubes
Clean the onion and cut it into a filanger
In a large pan, sauté the onion with the oil, the chilli and a pinch of pepper
When the onion is golden brown, add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes
Cut the stale bread into chunks, season with oil and salt, toast in the oven at 180°C (350 °F) for 10 minutes
Put the pumpkin in a saucepan, pour in the rice milk and with the immersion mixer blend everything well so that there are no lumps or pieces of pumpkin
- * The full pumpkin of Naples is a variety of pumpkin widely used in Cilento, easily recognizable, for its firm orange pulp, elongated in shape, with streaked green skin. Due to its characteristics it can be kept for a long time in dry and ventilated places and in the kitchen it is used for many recipes.
- * The onion of Vatolla takes its name from the place of production, a fraction of a small town in Cilento. It is part of the UNESCO biodiversity, has sweet characteristics and does not make the eyes water.
- I recommend using the Vatolla onion because it is sweet and digestible, otherwise, use the shallot.
- This recipe is also ideal for vegans and vegetarians, just replace the butter with vegetable margarine or extra virgin olive oil.
- The pumpkin soup can be kept in the fridge for one day and should be eaten hot.
- Chopping board
- Vegetable knife
- Carving knife
- Cooking pan
- Table spoon
- 2 small bowls
- Immersion mixer
- 2 soup plates