lemon shrimps gratin
Prawn au gratin
Lemon shrimps AU gratin
The recipe for lemon shrimps au gratin is very easy and quick to prepare, in fact, it only takes an hour to prepare a delicious dish, which can be presented both as an entrèe and as a main course. Often, lemon shrimps au gratin are served in ceramic shells or in oysters, in wedding aperitifs or mixed appetizers.
The shrimp is a crustacean that lives in all seas, mainly on the seabed of the Mediterranean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean and also in rivers, it is distinguished in pink, red and gray color. The pink shrimp of the Tyrrhenian Sea, the sea that also bathes the coasts of Cilento, has an intense taste, rich in protein and low in fat, it is also ideal for weight loss diets even if it should be consumed in moderation because it is rich in cholesterol.
This crustacean, regardless of color, is the most consumed shrimp in the world and in Cilento we find it in many recipes such as: Trofie with pumpkin and shrimps, seafood risotto, linguine with seafood, paccheri with wild asparagus and shrimp, you can consume in all ways, but the important thing is not to overcook it otherwise it becomes stringy.
- 1 kg pink shrimps
- 100 g bread crumbs
- 1 big lemon
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 pinch of salt
Shell the shrimps, remove the black thread and rinse them quickly
Season the shrimps with a pinch of salt, oil, lemon juice and 2/3 of the bread crumbs
Gently mix the shrimps, put them in the baking dish or divide them into saucers
Sprinkle it with bread crumbs
- The pink shrimp of the Mediterranean is the best of all as a taste but you can use any type of shrimp, the important thing is that it is very fresh, otherwise it tastes like ammonia.
- The fresh shrimp can be recognized above all by the head, which must be clear and well attached to the body.
If you like, you can add a bunch of chopped parsley to the sauce.
- Instead of the baking dish you can use 3 saucers in the shape of a ceramic shell or a material that can go in the oven.
- Shrimps can be frozen if they are fresh and firm, otherwise, cook them immediately.
- Shrimps au gratin can be kept in the fridge for 1 day and should be eaten hot.
- Low baking dish 20cm
- 2 medium bowls