Italian Chocolate Apples
Apples with chocolate and chopped pistacchio, chopped hazelnuts and more is a nice recipe, fast, practical and good looking. Chocolate apples are ideal for Halloween buffets and birthdays, especially for children. This dessert is particularly suitable for vegans, celiacs and low-calorie diets. It is an excellent dessert at the end of a meal, especially if guests arrive suddenly, in short, as the saying goes: “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” but, if there is even a little chocolate, it’s even better.
- 10 apple(annurca variety)
- 500g dark chocolate
- 100g chopped pistachios
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 100g confetti colored sprinkles
- 100g chocolate chips
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 10 wooden sticks
Wash the apples, dry them, remove the stalk and place the stick on the core side
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring constantly, so that it does not burn
- I use the annurca apple because it is small and firm but, you can use the ones you prefer, bearing in mind that the larger the apples, the more ingredients you need.
- *The bain-marie is a cooking method that is carried out by using two pots of different sizes. The larger pot goes under and half filled with water. The other, the smaller one, is immersed in water, taking care not to let the water fall into it because in the latter it is the one where cooking takes place.
- When melting the chocolate, you have to be careful that the water from the bain-marie does not end up inside the chocolate otherwise it will burn.
- The chocolate must always be turned otherwise it will burn.
Chocolate apples can be stored in a cool place for 4-5 days.
- 2 casseroles of different sizes
- Parchment paper
- 4 medium-small bowls