Custard – Yellow Milk Cream
Egg cream for garnish
Custard Yellow Milk Cream
This Custard is a basic cream that is used for making other custard recipes. My recipe stands out from the others for its characteristic that it does not drip, in fact, using whole eggs and blending afterwards, it simultaneously makes the custard soft and compact. It is suitable for filling any dessert.
- 500 ml milk
- 100g 00 flour
- 100g sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 organic lemon zest
- 50 ml liqueur or rum for dessert
In a saucepan, boil the milk with the lemon zest
In the mixer or with a blender, whip the eggs with the sugar
Add the flour by sifting it and making sure that no lumps form
Strain the milk to remove any skin and lemon zest
- The lemon must be washed and dried.
- As an alternative to lemon you can use a vanillin sachet or a spoonful of vanilla.
- Cut the lemon zest with a potato peeler, so you don’t remove the white part of the lemon which is bitter.
- To cook the custard, do not use the same pot in which you boiled the milk, otherwise it sticks underneath.
- When cooked, turn the custard from time to time during the cooling process. This way you will avoid that odious little skin forming on the surface.
The custards can be kept in the fridge for three days. If it’s very hot, two at the most.
- Planetary or blender with bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Wooden ladle
- Medium bowl
- Peel potatoes or knife