Anchovies stuffed with eggs and cheese
Stuffed anchovies with goat cheese and eggs
Anchovies, can be defined as the top of blue fish, in Cilento, this fish is widely consumed, also because, in addition to being cheap, it is suitable for many recipes, in fact, even in my blog you can find many tasty and very practical recipes such as stuffed anchovies. Today Nonna Claudia introduces you to and cooks the “alici mbuttunate”, anchovies stuffed with cheese and eggs, a dish of the Mediterranean Diet, defined as poor for its simplicity but rich in taste and substance, in fact, this dish abounds in antioxidants where, above all our heart portrays a lot of benefits.
- 1 kg anchovies
- 200g flour 00
- 250g goat cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 litro extra virgin olive oil or corn
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 3 lemon
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- j.e. salt
Remove the head and interior from the anchovies, put them in a colander and wash them gently under running water
Remove the bone without detaching the tail and place them open on a tray
Put the grated cheese in a deep dish or large bowl with a pinch of pepper, the chopped parsley, the eggs, mix well and
let it rest for 10 minutes, in this way the ingredients are incorporated well
With a fork, take some stuffing and stuff an anchovy, then, take another anchovy and put it on top of the one with the stuffing, always on the opposite side, that is, they must be put on the head and tail. Keep doing this until you have finished all the fish
Heat the oil to 170°C in a wok or a high pan, in the meantime get a skimmer* and a container with absorbent paper
Pour the flour into a deep dish, flour the stuffed anchovies on both sides
- The anchovies must be large and fresh, otherwise when the bones come off and do not remain open.
- I recommend a half-aged goat’s cheese, but if you like strong flavors then the mature one is fine.
- The filling must be soft, therefore, since the eggs are not all the same, if eventually, after resting it should be too hard, add another egg, if it is the opposite, add some breadcrumbs or other cheese.
- The stuffed anchovies should be eaten hot and can be kept in the fridge for a day.
- Fried stuffed anchovies can be frozen and kept for 2 months, then when defrosted, they must be immersed in a tomato sauce and eaten hot.
- * The skimmer is a perforated steel ladle.
- Wok or deep skillet
- Buyer card
- Plate or bowl