Cutlet of anchovies
Alici ndurate e fritte
Cutlet of anchovies
The crystalline sea of Cilento abounds in blue fish, rich in omega 3 and the backbone of the Mediterranean Diet. Among the many species of blue fish, that of anchovies stands out clearly, perhaps the least valuable but the most loved and consumed by the Cilento, also because, being a low-cost fish, it has always been within everyone’s reach, especially the poorest and most thanks to them, many recipes have been created, simple, tasty and above all fast dishes. cutlet children eat it willingly.
- 1 kg anchovies
- 200g flour 00
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 litro extra virgin olive oil or corn
- j.e. salt and pepper
Remove the head and the interior, wash them with running water, being careful not to break them
Open the anchovies completely, remove the bone but not the tail, they are more beautiful to bring to the table but, if you have to make them for children then also remove the tail
Flour the fish, one at a time, pass it in the beaten egg then in the breadcrumbs, flatten it well with your hands, so that it evenly covers both sides
Fry 5 or 6 fish at a time, depending on the width of the pan, it is important that they are not overlapped
Brown the anchovy cutlets on both sides, drain them with a slotted spoon and place them on absorbent paper. Keep doing this until you have finished all the fish, being careful not to let the oil burn. To prevent this from happening, you must try to keep the temperature at 170°C, therefore, when you put the fish, raise the heat, as soon as they rise to the surface, lower and cook
Serve on a bed of lettuce, sliced lemons and serve hot
- Anchovies must be fresh and large, they are more beautiful to present at the table and do not fall apart when spiked.
- Anchovy cutlets are served hot and accompanied with lemon slices.
- Anchovy cutlets should be eaten during the day, excessively the next day if kept in the fridge and accompanied by green salad or sauces at the time of consumption.
- *The skimmer is a perforated steel ladle.
- Wok or deep skillet
- Buyer card
- 3 dishes