Spaghetti with Wild Asparagus
1h 10 min
Spaetti cù i spavari
Pasta with asparagus ragu and bacon
Nonna Claudia teaches you how to prepare a dish based on rolled bacon, green onions and wild asparagus: spaghetti with wild asparagus. It is a very tasty and fragrant pasta dish, ideal to be eaten in company, perhaps with friends as the right reward after a picnic in search of asparagus. In Cilento, the arrival of spring is awaited with trepidation by all “seekers”, it is in fact the period in which asparagine sprouts, a wild plant, always green and thorny, present in the wooded and wild areas of the Cilento National Park , Vallo di Diano and Alburni. Asparagus grows in a particular way among the vegetation close to the coast, in the Mediterranean zone. Shoots are collected from the asparagine, sprouts known as wild asparagus. Widely consumed in the kitchen, they are highly appreciated both for their taste characteristics and for their nutritional properties. In addition to spaghetti with wild asparagus, you can make many recipes such as frittata, a soup called sciusciello, and much more.
- 1 bunch of wild asparagus
- 200g spaghetti
- 250g canned cherry tomatoes
- 100g rolled bacon
- 100g grated goat cheese
- 1 green onion
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- j.e. salt
- j.e. black pepper
Wash, dry and chop the asparagus with your hands, starting from the top until you get to the part that starts to get hard because the latter is leathery
Cut the bacon into cubes
Clean the onion and chop it with a knife or mezzaluna knife
In a large saucepan, lightly fry the onion with the oil and a pinch of pepper
Put the pot with the water, when it boils, drop the spaghetti and then add a spoonful of salt
Put half the gravy in a pan
- I recommend a semi-seasoned goat cheese, because it is tastier and does not have a strong flavor. If you don’t like this type of cheese, you can use Parmesan or omit it completely.
- The ideal cheese is the half-seasoned goat cheese because it is tastier and does not have the classic strong smell.
- The sauce can be stored 2-3 days in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- The ready dish should be eaten during the day and hot.
- Pot for cooking pasta
- Chopping board
- Cooking pan
- Tray or serving plate