Omelette roll with zucchini
>1h 40 min
Frittata roll with courgette
Omelette roll with zucchini
The omelette roll with zucchini is an excellent italian main course with great effect, in fact, it is a colorful, lively dish, with a scent that stuns the nose, the cheese that drips into the dish, then, makes it irresistible. The recipe for the omelette roll with zucchini is simple and quick to prepare, in fact, 100 minutes are enough to bring something really tasty to the table. This omelette roll is ideal for making children consume eggs and vegetables but also for those who do not like or cannot eat fried food, especially for those with a low-calorie diet, because cooking in the oven without oil makes it more light, digestible and with less fat.
The omelette roll with zucchini and stuffed with ham and cheese is baked in the oven is also ideal for those who have very little time available and want to do something tasty, it can be prepared largely in advance and put it in the oven 10 minutes before serving but , it can also be eaten cold so it is perfect for buffets, aperitifs and standing dinners.
- 500 g zucchini
- 150 g goat cheese or grated Parmesan
- 200 g thinly sliced ham
- 15 slices of melted cheese
- 10 whole eggs
- 50 ml sunflower oil or evo oil
- j.e. salt and pepper
Remove the core and the tip of the courgettes, wash them, dry them and grate them from the larger side of the grater
Transfer the grated courgettes to a pan and cook for 10 minutes over high heat with a pinch of salt and pepper and extra virgin olive oil, turning them often, so that they do not stick to the pan
In a large bowl, which can also contain the zucchini, fray the eggs, add the grated cheese and zucchini, mix everything well and turn on the oven at 200°C (390°F)
Line the baking tray or a rectangular pan with parchment paper and pour all the egg and courgette mixture into it
Now cover with a layer of slices or cheese
Roll it up on itself from the longer side, using the parchment paper underneath and as you roll it remove the paper from the omelette
- You can use any type of zucchini you have available, it is important that they are fresh and firm.
- The ovens are not all the same, therefore, adjust accordingly, the important thing is that the omelette is cooked but not burned.
- You can prepare the roll a few hours before, then, when ready to serve, put it in the oven 10 minutes before.
- You can also use the roll for cold dinners and aperitifs, just do not put it in the oven after rolled up and simply cut it into slices.
- The omelette roll can also be kept 2 days in the fridge, to eat it hot, just 1 minute in the microwave.
- Vegetable knife
- Cooking pan
- Drip pan or rectangular pan
- Greaseproof paper